Sunday, December 18, 2011

Distracted

The past few days I've not been disciplined about my reading.  After having loaned out my nook back in October so that a friend could read "Touch Me There!" by Yvonne Fulbright (I'm still astounded by how much I learned from this book myself.) it finally came back home.  Found myself electronically thumbing through some of my favorite reads and enjoying favorite passages from books like Elizabeth Lowell's "To the Ends of the Earth."  Add that to the usual holiday time crunch and the result is not much forward progress in any of the books I'm currently reading.  I still have a big Christmas sewing project to finish but hope to get in at least an hour of reading before I head off to see Miss MeMe's Christmas Gospel Show.

On another note, was torture to sit wrapping gifts in Barnes and Noble yesterday positioned directly across from the nook displays.  I want them all! (Thanks Renee for telling me about all the special promotions...) I even contemplated ways to snatch the t-shirt one staffer was wearing which read "I'm nook smart" on the front.  It was entirely too cute.  Then I thought, "That would sure put me on Santa's naughty list!" so I resisted.

Definitely squeezing in my annual holiday reads this week:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Suess
The Littlest Angel by Charles Tazewell
Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies (Yes, there is an actual book!)

Wishing everyone a peaceful week and books for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment